Wednesday, September 23, 2020

sit with Jesus earlier than You Serve Him - iBelieve truth: A ...

sit With Jesus, Then Serve HimBy: Chelsey DeMatteis

but are looking for first the dominion of God and his righteousness, and all these things should be added to you. Matthew 6:33

I had just put my son down for nap time and per the regular, i thought of the few things I'd want to get performed in my hour and a half window. On today's agenda, it changed into to work on a undertaking the Lord had placed on my heart.

absolutely innocent and thoughtfully obedient, right?! As I grabbed my laptop from the cupboard, I felt the Lord put on my coronary heart, "sit with me, then serve me."

For somebody with my personality type, it may also be so tough to make the choice to take a seat with God earlier than serving Him. It's ingrained in me to do and a challenge for me to simply be. Do you ever end up wrestling like this? We want to serve the dominion of God, do the entire things He's placed on our hearts and experience the miraculous things He does in these areas on the unnoticeable fee of our time with Him. I'm nevertheless not certain how it goes omitted for so long, however there are seasons of my lifestyles that are excellent examples.

As I made my way to the comfortable chair with my computing device, bible, and computer in hand, I had to come to a decision at that second that sitting with the Lord and gaining knowledge of from His turned into much greater critical than engaged on content material that serves His kingdom.

It's weird to me how much of a decision it turned into. I remember as I sat the desktop down, it nearly pained me. So, I asked myself this and now I need to ask you, "why is this time so crucial?"

My 'why' became this: "we will't serve God from a desolate soul." Matthew 6:33 talks about once we "first are looking for the dominion of God and His righteousness and all these items can be introduced to you." these things being, meals, water, and clothing. however additionally, these items are the meals for our souls, the covering of insurance plan, the knowledge and competencies He wants to share that we will best encounter via time with Him. Isn't that amazing?

Seeking His Kingdom inspirational image

He just desires our time and in return, He gives us the fact that offers us lifestyles.

So how do we beginning opting for time with Him when our to-do lists are longer than we'd like to admit? We look to Jesus. Luke 5:16 tells us that He would draw to desolate locations to pray. He, no longer they. Jesus frolicked alone along with his Heavenly Father. If Jesus, the savior of the area, the sinless son of God, made it a precedence to nonetheless sit together with his Father earlier than serving man, how plenty more crucial may still this be to us?

These are the elements in Scripture the place we will in reality see how much we've overcomplicated areas of our relationship with the Lord. Our Americanized culture has made time with Jesus seem to be unattainable if we can not have a comfortable blanket, hot cup of espresso or tea, and matching pc in hand.

actually, I've fallen into this lure too, and it's led to me to fall into seasons of serving from a spot of emptiness when all I needed to do changed into observe the instance of the one who died for me. Retreat, pray, listen, then serve.

we will see over and over in Scripture the factors we should be by myself with the Lord however now we deserve to put that fact into motion. The action being to sit silently with Him and His observe. It feels countercultural to do the motion we're known as to. He calls us to sit with Him. Who has time to be quiet this present day? individuals who make it a precedence. Your "quiet" may seem to be a little distinct but it's nevertheless an obedient resolution. It could be a carpool line, a podcast all the way through rush hour site visitors, prayer time while jogging, or really sitting in a cozy chair.

My prayer for you and me is that we'll locate ourselves greater able to lean into the spirit as it prompts us to spend time with the Lord and never all the time bounce to serve Him. We must stand firm in the reality that when we have hearts filled with the truth, skills, and love of Christ, then we are most fulfilling capable of serve the kingdom from a coronary heart organized to be the arms and feet of Jesus.

which you can locate extra from Chelsey on her website, https://www.chelseydematteis.com/.

For greater terrific resources for girls, consult with iBelieve's religion Channel.

Do you ever read the Bible and consider, Am I lacking whatever? during this FREE podcast, pastor and Bible trainer Nicole Unice brings lifestyles lower back to studying the Bible by means of strolling listeners through her Alive system of Bible analyze, helping us in my opinion encounter God via His observe by means of giving us a practical, clear street map for knowing, deciphering and applying Scripture to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts